Friday, March 16, 2012

Fudgy Nutella-y Popsicles

The little rock star was feeling under the weather this week and decided to refuse all solid food in favor of popsicles instead. This has happened before and so I know the routine quite well of freezing up coconut water and fruit purees to keep her hydrated and happy. But, in all reality they aren't a meal by any means and what mother's heart doesn't ache when her child doesn't have a full and happy tummy?

So, I decided to try to come up with a few recipes that would pass the test of both her sick little taste buds and also give her some energy that wasn't just sugar. I am pretty stoked about my first little creation so I decided to share before I got a chance to fiddle around and get solid and exact measurements. Bear with me :)

 Fudgy Nutella-y Popsicles

Handful of cooked, unsalted black beans
Hazelnut Milk
Cocoa Powder
Organic Sugar/Stevia/Honey (whatever sweetener you like)

Blend like crazy until it is creamy smooth and there is no trace of a bean anywhere. I did use my Vitamix for that, but I assume it would work with a regular blender too, just blend a little longer. Then pour into your mold and freeze away!

Easy peasy. The black beans make it super creamy without the need for any dairy products (still sensitive to cow milk - boooo) and are a great source of protein and fiber, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment